Strathvaich Lodge

 

The Lodge sleeps 16 and offers the following accommodation  : Five double bedrooms, three twin bedrooms, one single, three bathrooms, a sitting room, a withdrawing room, drying room, school room and dining room (seats 20+)

The Lodge is a traditional Victorian sporting lodge dating from 1859, it retains many period features albeit with modern comforts.. The Lodge is built of stone under a part slate and part lead roof


It is set in a commanding  position with tranquil views and is beautifully proportioned. It overlooks the hill known to family as the Elephant (Meall a Ghrianain). The stone for the Lodge was quarried from the hill to the south with the sandstone lintels brought from Tarradale near the Muir of Ord